Boyhood Nostalgia - Space Wolves, Catachan, White Scars and Crimson Fists

I recently pulled out all sorts from my parents loft. 18 years has flown by... I still remember playing on the bedroom floor with my brother, both of us making a papermache board with two hills pitting his jungle Catachan Imperial Guard against the might of the Space Wolves. Going down the road to the model store which sold humbrol paints which were as thick as candle wax. "Two thin coats" was far from my mind as I quickly bashed units together and slapped paint on them to get them ready. The few times me and my brother went to GW were scary affairs, left in the shop on a Sunday, fighting against others who had a much better grasp of the rules than me (probably because a friend photocopied the "important" bits for me) and the inevitable pick up of our father who would sit in the car with his wipers on spraying water saying "woo wooo, my geek alarm is going crazy!".

I've let these guys go on to fight more battles in the stars now but I will always enjoy looking at photos of them, the first minis I painted beyond the airfix models my Grandad bought me from the pound shop. Such great memories, and here they are in all their glory!

The last fight of the Space Wolves against Chaos!

Grey Hunters hold the tower backed up by the crippled predator

Lascannon Catachans ready

Heavy weapons Catachan mortar team ready to fire

Catachan flamer and melta gun

Catachan snipers

My brothers Catachan Lieutenant and Colonel Iron Hand Straaken

Commissars and Yarrick

Storm Troopers, the elite forces of the Imperial Guard

The endless ranks of Imperial Guard men

The full Space Marine Force Made up of Crimson Fists, White Scars and Space Wolves

Leman Russ and Sentinel Support

White Scars detachment

Crimson fists tactical squad, dreadnought and heavies

Blood claws ready to join the melee

Wolf scout veterans

Grey hunters ready to provide covering fire

Long fangs space wolves heavy weapons support

Bikers, Bjorn the Fell Handed and a Predator

Everesor Assasin, Ulrik the Slayer, Lieutenant, Logan Grimnar, Njal Stormcaller and an Iron Priest with terminators support

the predator heavy support

Rhino transport

Rhino Transport

Ratling snipers

Craig McNicholas

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments :